Yet another Island: Malapascua Island, Cebu City, Philippines…

This is an another island you will possibly spot here in Philippines specifically in Malapascua Island in Cebu City. A quite lovely place to visit, relax and unwind with your loved-ones. I guess, Philippines is just a gifted place of amazing scenic views that you can never find in any other countries. Well, I’m just proud to present to present to you the captivating and scuba diving place of Malapascua Island.

Malapascua is a tiny island, only about 2.5 kilometers long and 1km wide, located across a shallow strait from the northernmost tip of mainland Cebu island. The island is covered by the insular barangay of Logon with eight hamlets.

As a diving destination, Malapascua was “discovered” fairly recently, only in the early 90s. The island was first known for its wide white sand beach, known as Bounty Beach; it has become known for its beautiful coral gardens and excellent dive spots nearby, including Monad Shoal, an underwater plateau where thresher sharks and manta rays can be sighted on a regular basis. To date, this is the only place in the world where divers can reliably sight thresher sharks.
Come dive with us! Photo Credit: *LVT*

Comment (1)

Anonymous

11:45 AM

Hi,

Thanks for doing the Big Bang tag. I hope more bloggers will join us and make it a truly Big Bang endeavor.

I have recently transferred to my own domain and I’d like to ask a favor. Can you please change my link in the Big Bang tag? I am #64 (Read my Mind). Please change it to my new domain, http://www.monacome.com I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance, and keep on blogging! Mabuhay!